Pages

Quote

Efficiency is intelligent laziness-David Dunham

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Short Love story in train (Fiction)

This is unusual.. I was coming back from Mangalore in train.. That was one such amazing journey of my life.. Bcoz I had traveled all alone to Mangalore. Stayed alone.. Enjoyed alone.. I needed a break.. The tension of my placements in my mind had just vanished.. I was placed just a 3days before. I had answered all criticism (some from relatives & some from my so called good friends).. It's really painful when your friend's don't understand you.. I wasn't so keen about my campus placement since I always had plan 'B' ready with me. If I weren't placed I'd have directly leaped into my plan 'B' (will write abt it soon).. I'm someone who always account for knowledge than marks & job.. We need a job to satisfy our basic needs. I'm extremely smart girl (Proud!!!). I have great dreams than working under someone .. I don't suit such work.. I don't want to be a looser throughout my life.. But I needed a job to answer few loosers. So once I was placed I came for this rejuvenating trip to Mangalore which I badly needed to know myself.

Now coming back to my train journey.. I had booked this side lower seat.. I love the comfort level in that seat.. Once I boarded the train I just wanted to stretch down to sleep. I was damn tired. Mangalore heat had killed me.. There came a bunch of malayali boys and gurls. They were from kerala (obvi :)) Boys were with short hair completely oiled.. But these girls were with very long curly hair with castor oil which you can sense even from 1 k.m away... :P Yukk.. I had to travel with this gang.. One of the malayali kutti (girl) came n sat opposite to me.

The train started moving.. There were 3 more seats empty in my compartment. Those were 3+1(mine) were the only seats which was not occupied by Kerala people. Even though I can understand most of the south Indian languages I could never understand Malayalam. I tried to speak to this girl in English. God.. She didn't know it. I gotta know they were taking up teacher's training and on a trip to Hyderbad. It was educational tour for them I didn't know how they could survive in Hyderabad. In Bangalore even if you donno kannada if you know other languages you can easily survive. That's why I call Bangalore "Real melting Pot" of India.

The train just started to move. I saw a old man and a old lady coming towards that empty seat. These two were the most friendly people I have ever met in my life. The moment that uncle came into this bogie scenario changed. He started speaking to every girl and a boy in his broken Malayalam. Then I saw this most Handsome guy I have ever seen. He looked like a Tamil actor Suriya. Little smooth and straight hair, tall, long legged.. He was typical Tall Dark and handsome guy. He had sparkling eyes.. With bright cute sweet smile. I don't have words to explain him. he looked like a perfect man. The guy whom everygirl would fall in love with. He was the guy whom evrey mom would love to get her daughter married with. To my surprise this guy was son of this most friendly old people (young at heart).

That uncle started asking us questions on our academics. After knowing I'm mechanical engg he asked me the definition of tension, force and many more simple stuffs.. It was like my viva exam.. He asked few questions to those Kerala gurls to. Even though that uncle had good knowledge of science, he was typical perfectionist advocate in Bangalore. This uncle was amazing I thought. There was a singer between us. The gurl who was sitting right opposite to me had a good voice but badly trained (I have picked up this music knowledge from my sister). She sang.. I didn't want to listen.. So I plugged my ears to my ipod. In my playlist there was this "Te amo" song. I was in my own world dreaming about this guy who was sitting right in front of after Kerala kutti shifting to his seat so that the uncle and aunty could listen to her songs easily. Now I thought I should speak to him.
Me: Hi!!! ( Hoping, he would speak)
He: (With a smile..) Hi
Me: What do you do?
He: I work in Indian army. ...............

He was major in Indian army. I was trying to flirt with him.. lolz...

Me: That's cool. Even I have applied for Indian army. I cleared my 1st round in Bangalore. It was G.D. They are yet to call me for SSB.
He: They will surely call you. But you have to wait.. wait.. ( With his typical trade mark smile:))
Even I'm a mechanical engineer. That is how my dad knows definitions of tension, compression etc.
Me: Wow!!! He is super.

By this time the turn of singing had come that old aunty. He sang Asha Bhosle's song beautifully. She was great in that age. After her song uncle asked me sing. I was ready with a bigg bigg no. I can't sing. I'm not much into music. "If my sister was here, she would have sung", I said.
Uncle continued: Even my grand daughter sings beautifully. His daughter.. (pointing towards this guy).
I was shocked. This guy looks like 25. How could he be married?
Me: Uncle, aunty sings very beautifully. What's ur age aunty?(looking towards her)
Uncle: I'm 75. She is 66. My son is 35. My daughter in law wasn't feeling well. So she didn't accompany us to this Udupi( Beautiful place near Mangalore) trip. Tomorrow my son will be leaving to Delhi. He should report back.
Me: I thought your son is 25. You are nearly 60+. Aunty is 50+. None of you look that aged. May be this jovial and friendly nature of yours is the secret of your look.
Now this military guy moved to his upper seat with a book-How to pick the stocks like Warren Buffett by Timothy Vick. I'll read that book one day. It was already 10.30. Everyone moved to their respective seats to sleep. I was sleeping in my seat still staring at him.

The Next Dayy...

The train was near Ramanagara at 6.30. I had to get down at kengeri. Another 25 mins this train journey would be over. Uncle was awake.
Uncle: He asked me where do I stay.?
Me: I stay in Rajarajeshwarinagar. Will get down in Kengeri.
Uncle: I stay in Gavipuram.

I really wished this train journey would never end. I bid good bye to everyone. Even him. He said Bye with same smile. I didn't even consider taking their number. But I don't regret now. I'll meet him in life one day. World is too small..


P.S: This fiction work with little personal experience added. :)

3 comments: